Looking for Student-Driven Tech Professionals
Bronx, New York
Tech Artist / Teacher
Tech In Schools Initiative (TSI) Teachers provide high-quality industry expertise in a classroom. We have a variety of curricula (paired with its perspective software) that are offered to schools teaching students about 3D Modeling / Animation, Web Design, and Entrepreneurship. Our instructors’ main focus is to teach students about innovation and how to leverage technology to achieve more.
As a Teacher Artist, you will teach students about technology, its impact, and how it’s changing the world. Our teaching artists are experts in technology and are passionate to inspire the youth. Teachers will gain and teach valuable skills to students and have the ability to receive industry certifications. Teachers must have the knowledge to break down difficult technology concepts in a digestible manner for students.
TSI is a vendor in the NYCDOE, bringing cutting-edge technology, industry professionals, and innovative curricula into classrooms from K-12. We help hundreds of students and teachers by providing unlimited free resources, countless creative tools for building, and highly experienced tech professionals to teach students about the benefits of technology. Our suite of software is engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping revolutionize the education system worldwide.
- Teach a classroom of students ranging from K-12 Online/In-person
- Ensure students receive a quality education experience that focuses on STEM learning and emerging technologies
- Organize and manage your classes Lesson plans, Attendance, and other digital documents necessary that the NYCDOE requires
- Increase student productivity by reviewing class instructions and assignments with students in a clear and coherent manner
- Follow the pedagogy education standards
- Intergrate Technology
- Encourage student collaboration, and ensure that students are engaged and excited to learn.
- Flexible Hours
- Minimum 2 years teaching in a classroom setting or relevant experience working with Technology
- Experience managing and creating lesson plans, student assignments, etc.
- Experience in Web Development or 3D Modeling and Animation
- Must understand the fundamentals of Web Design and the programming languages needed – HTML, CSS, JS
- Knowledge of concepts related to Computer Science and Programming
- Curriculum development
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of emerging technologies; Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality (XR), Internet of thing (IoT), Drones and Robotics
- Google Classroom
- Adobe Suite
- Unity or Unreal Game Engine, C#
- Tinkercad / 3D printing software
- Cospaces / Scratch / Code.org
Educating young students in unprivileged communities is no easy task. That is why we are always looking for amazing educators that are passionate about emerging technology and more importantly giving back to students in the public school education system.